The Greater New Haven Community Chorus believes in “Building Community One Note at a Time.” We are dedicated to creating harmony and to reflecting the full diversity of greater New Haven. We stand against injustice, discrimination, oppressive behavior and systemic racism. We are committed to continuing reflection, discussions, and formal training and to working tirelessly to build an open, inclusive and welcoming community.
In the immediate future, we will:
- Identify and commit to steps we can take to be more approachable, open and engaging to all people.
- Revise written materials and forms to be more inclusive and sensitive.
- Incorporate more music by underrepresented artists.
- Carefully listen, reflect, and respond to our members and the broader community to facilitate communication and understanding.
- Provide (and fund) intentional training and educational opportunities for the board and chorus membership.