Project Unity – Fall 2021
Starting Soon – TBA
During the fall of 2020, the Greater New Haven Community Chorus (GNHCC) made the leap into Project Diversity, creating a virtual chorus video of the song “This Is Me” by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul from the film “The Greatest Showman,” and arranged by Mac Huff. You can find our video and more about Project Diversity on our Facebook page here.
This past spring in 2021, GNHCC built on this momentum with Project Community, celebrating the very thing that makes GNHCC so wonderful — our community. We recorded the Mark Miller music “Draw the Circle Wide” as a virtual performance.
Our Fall 2021 program is being worked on now and will be announced soon.
A Statement from GNHCC
The Greater New Haven Community Chorus believes in “Building Community One Note at a Time.” We are dedicated to creating harmony and to reflecting the full diversity of greater New Haven. We stand against injustice, discrimination, oppressive behavior and systemic racism. We are committed to continuing reflection, discussions, and formal training and to working tirelessly to build an open, inclusive and welcoming community. In the immediate future, we will:
- Identify and commit to steps we can take to be more approachable, open and engaging to all people.
- Revise written materials and forms to be more inclusive and sensitive.
- Incorporate more music by underrepresented artists.
- Carefully listen, reflect, and respond to our members and the broader community to facilitate communication and understanding.
- Provide (and fund) intentional training and educational opportunities for the board and chorus membership.